These are sooo good! Banana & chocolate together is just so meant to be.
This version would be ideal after a workout because of the sugar and carbs from the coconut sugar but if you replace it with erythritol or xylitol they would have less sugar and be more of an anytime or breakfast carb type snack option.
- 2 small very ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup egg whites from a carton ( or 4 egg whites)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or substitute Erythritol to lower calorie, sugar and carb count)
- 1/2 cup chocolate protein powder ( I used Genuine Health Proteins+)
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1T cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum (you can omit but it adds to the texture)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 1/8 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 F. I prefer to use silicon mold for muffins because I find they really stick in tins. If you use a tin make sure you really grease it or use liners. You could also do a loaf version which looks nice. The muffins are an easy way to control your portions though! 😉
Mix bananas and coconut sugar until well blended. Then add the egg whites mixing well.
In another bowl and sift together flour, protein powder, cocoa, cinnamon, ginger, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
In a 3rd separate bowl, whisk together the yogurt, water and vanilla.
In the contents of the other two bowls to the egg mixture, alternating between the two until your mixture is fully blended. Be careful not to over mix.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean
If you divide this into 12 small muffins the macros are 137 calories, 26 carbs, 2 fats, 7 protein
If you divide by 10 it’s 164 calories, 21 carbs, 2 fat, 9 protein