These are my go to weekend breakfast. I adore them!
This is a great protein pancake that is totally on plan for competition prep dieting. It’s also gluten and dairy free. These are less fluffy and a little more plain then my other pancake recipe but sometimes you just want oats and eggs so these work well for those days. They are full of protein and healthy carbs and you can easily adapt to your meal plan. Makes you feel like you are eating naughty pancakes 😉
- 1/3 cup (35g) of oat flour (or grind your own 1/2 cup oats to make flour)
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8th tsp xantham gum (optional but helps with the texture)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon or vanilla bean powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup liquid egg whites (or 4 egg whites )
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 T unsweetened almond milk (or water) as/if needed for consistency
- stevia to sweeten if desired
- Optional serving of warm fruit on top as a sauce
Mix all dry ingredients. Add egg white and whisk. You can also do this in a magic bullet. Let sit while you heat up your non stick pan. Once pan is hot pour in amount to make size you like. Cook about 2 min. Once bubbles form through and side is browned flip and brown on the other side.
Depending how big you make them you can get 3-4 medium sized pancakes for this recipe.
Try warm fruit as a topping instead of sugary or chemical syrups.
*revision, I recently added 1 Tablespoon (15g) of vanilla whey protein (by Genuine Health) to these and they were amazing! It upped the protein content and sweetness just a bit.