These are really versatile. have low carb versions on lettuce cups or have with a wholegrain tortilla. Either way they are delicious and with using the slow cooker so easy.
- About 2lbs lean beef roast (Top sirloin roast or brisket work well)
- 1 tsp each chili powder, chili flakes, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt, pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce (check label for gluten free if you need to)
- 2 tsp liquid coconut aminos ( or soy sauce)
- 1 tomato (or 1/4 cup strained tomatoes from a carton)
- 2 onions
- 1 red pepper
Trim the beef of any fat and remove any strings.
Mix the spices, soy sauce and Worcestershire together and rub on to beef. Place beef in slow cooler. Top with sliced onions and pepper and tomatoes. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Open the lid and shred the beef using two forks. It should easily fall apart and soak up any juices in the pot. If it’s too liquidy just let it sit uncovered for a few minutes.
Serve with rice, avocado, cilantro, salsa, onions, Greek yogurt, cheese as you like (according to your plan).