This is a staple in our house. A great way to use up left over rice, quinoa and any poultry or meat. It’s one of those recipes that I just throw together and don’t measure much so here it is as best I can recall
- 150grams cooked turkey, chicken, beef or pork diced or shredded (or as much as you want)
- 250 grams cooked rice or quinoa (or as much as you want)
- 2 eggs (or egg whites)
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili flakes (optional)
- 2-4 Tablespoons coconut aminos (or GF soysauce like Braggs)
- 3 drops fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
Cook onions with a little water in a large pan until soft. Add peas and cooked meat. Add in rice (or other grains). Add in seasonings. Mix well. Push it all to the side. In the same pan add sesame oil and crack your eggs into the pan and scramble. When cooked mix it into the rice mixture.
You can top with fresh green onions if you like.